Electrical Scooters or Mobility Scooters are specifically developed for individuals who have low mobility. Visit Change Mobility to see our range.
An electric scooter is primarily a battery-operated vehicle with the capacity of only one individual. These scooters are mainly used by those people who feel difficulty in standing or taking a walk for long periods of time. The Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters are either designed for indoor use, outdoor use and both indoor and outdoor use. The major difference between an Electric Scooter and a mechanized wheelchair is that the later is typically meant for indoor use and also costs more.
Mobility scooters typically come in a wide range of styles which are capable of accommodating several types of user needs.
Electric Scooters can have three wheels or maybe four. All these scooters run with battery power, so there is no chance to create environmental pollution. The pair of batteries utilized by these scooters are rechargeable and really need to be re-charged on a regular basis. The time and distance covered by an electric scooter after every charging depends considerably on the type of battery and its capacity. There is no need to worry about the operation of these scooters as they are very simple.
Electric Scooters are usually equipped with advanced brake systems which make the stopping of these scooters very uncomplicated. These scooters also have parking brake which stops from rolling the vehicle when it is parked.
Several types of Electric Scooters
There are various types of Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters depending on to the numerous users needs available at mobility scooters. They are as follows:
1) Easily Transportable or Foldable Mobility Scooters: As the name implies these scooters are simply foldable and ready to transport at any time. These type of scooters are great for people those who like taking a trip. These scooters can be taken apart into 3 or 4 pieces of light parts, according to the different scooter designs, for easy transportation in a large number of cars trunks.
2) Three-Wheeled Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters: The three- wheeled mobility scooters offer full-sized comfort and toughness which is absolutely ideal for both indoor as well as outdoor use. These scooters have a max weight capability of 300 to 500 lbs.
3) Four-Wheeled Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters: Whenever optimum stability is needed a 4th wheel is necessary to support the three- wheeled structure to obtain a stable platform. These types of scooters are mainly used for outdoor use. These scooters have larger tires with wider base and can go as fast as 10 mph.
4) Heavy Duty Electric Scooters: These scooters are built for heavy folks who weigh more than 350 pounds. These scooters come with both three and four-wheeled models and with the weight capacity up to 500 pounds.
The Benefits of Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters.
The main benefits of Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters are as follows:.
1) As the Electric Scooters are powered by battery consequently no physical exertion is needed.
2) The people with low mobility can go uphill very easily with the help of these scooters.
3) The individual who experiences difficulty in taking a walk does not need anyones assistance to operate these scooters as it is very easy working these scooters.
For more information talk to mobility scooters